Avocado is a superfood as it is an excellent source of antioxidants, essential fatty acids, minerals and vitamins. Avocado oil, in particular, is a great tool for cooking flavourful and nutritious meals. But, have you ever thought about using this oil to treat your skin?
Feeling frustrated because your skin is in poor condition? You could give avocado oil a try. Avocado oil has numerous skin benefits, including moisturizing and anti-aging properties. This works whether you use avocado oil alone or in combination with your favourite skincare products.
Skin Benefits of Avocado Oil
Sooth skin’s redness and swelling
- Avocado oil is rich in vitamins and antioxidants, which help in repairing skin damage and reducing inflammation. You could give it a shot if you have sensitive acne-prone skin.
- The unsaturated fats, lecithin, vitamins A, D and E found in the avocado oil promote collagen metabolism and skin elasticity, which help to fight against the aging signs.
Accelerate wound healing
- The avocado oil’s high content of unsaturated acids like linoleic acids and oleic acid, as well as vitamin C and E can heal and protect you from skin damage and inflammation caused by harmful UV radiation.
Avocado can benefits your skin in many ways due to the healthy fats, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. You can reap these benefits by regularly including avocado in your diet or by incorporating avocado oil into your daily skincare routine. Remember to consult the skincare specialists before trying a new home remedy.
Stay tuned for our new coming skincare product IYSTÉ facial gel! You will not want to miss a skincare product that will hydrate your skin constantly and fulfil all your demands!
- de Oliveira, A.P., Franco, E.D.S., Rodrigues Barreto, R., Cordeiro, D.P., de Melo, R.G., de Aquino, C.M.F., de Medeiros, P.L., da Silva, T.G., Góes, A.J.D.S. and Maia, M.B.D.S., 2013. Effect of semisolid formulation of persea americana mill (avocado) oil on wound healing in rats. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2013.
- Werman, M.J., Mokady, S., Ntmni, M.E. and Neeman, I., 1991. The effect of various avocado oils on skin collagen metabolism. Connective Tissue Research, 26(1-2), pp.1-10.